I love Tweetcaster Pro on my phones (Galaxy Nexus and HTC One X - both "HD" devices at 1280x720), in fact it's just about the perfect Twitter app, but I can't stand the UI it forces on my on my Nexus 7 tablet. It looks very much like an iOS app, and seems to lose a lot of functionality:
1) Timeline, Mentions, Messages icons don't get the unread message count badge in portrait mode.
2) Composing a tweet is cramped and narrow in portrait mode.
3) In portrait mode, the left side-bar columns for the Timeline, Mentions, etc take up way to much screen space, and there's a lot of dead/wasted space at the bottom. Even on a big HD screen, wasted space is a bad thing.
4) #3 above is made even worse by the second side-bar column (all tweets, photos, etc). You're giving up almost 25% of the screen space to columns that would be better served up at the top of the screen, at least in portrait mode. Even in landscape, it's a lot
5) The gear icon above your account is confusing, that almost always means settings.
6) there's a bug in search, portrait and landscape, search results bring back only the account icon and any attached pic, there is no text in it. I tweeted a screenshot of this earlier today.
7) The gear icon to change your profile settings is confusing...I always hit it first for some reason before realizing I have to go the row of lines icon on the right. I'm just lame. ;)
It's pretty clear that the HD version of the app is geared towards landscape mode, but a lot of people don't like to hold their tablets that way.
What I'd like to see is an option to force the phone-style UI onto the app while using it on a tablet. The resolution of an HD phone (which Tweetcaster looks perfect on) is about the same as a tablet, would this be difficult to allow?
Thanks for a great app, and your time reading this.